Saturday, June 5, 2010

From Pakistan to the UAE

Mohammad Khan's shop is adorned with a collection of colorful and handmade shawls imported from his hometown Pakistan. Most scarves and shawls are made from pashmina cashmere and typically embroidered with different floral and Islamic geometric patterns motifs.

To make a sale Khan pulls out the most pricy ones off the shelves and tells me what colors will look good on me. The versatility of colors along the shelves has made my eyes busy as if I'm looking at a color map. The funny thing is my eyes stop corresponding with my brain. While touching and staring at the shawls he shows me at the counter I am pointing at different ones hanging above the shelves.


If you want to know the exact location of his shop, leave a comment or email me: cassielammie@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment